Politics – Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, political science homework help
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper which answers the following three (3) items using headers to separate each item:
- Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past or current) that have influenced a sense of social responsibility in the American government today. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: In your response, consider how the events influenced the way state, local or national political leaders or agencies responded in a socially responsible or ethical manner toward the community.
- Discuss two (2) media events (past or present) that have positively and or negatively influenced the public’s opinion of a government agency. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider how a news story or media coverage of an event positively or negatively changed the public’s opinion (or perception) regarding how responsible a government agency should be towards meeting the needs of its customers; i.e. the American people.
- Discuss two (2) differences between the Republican and Democratic parties that may have an ethical impact (positively or negatively) on the American people. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider the different ideals, values, morals, and/or goals held by the Republican and Democratic parties, and their different views on the ethically or morally right way to govern and make the best policies for the people they serve. Determine if your example presents any type of ethical concerns for or against the public interest of the American people.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries, Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other Website do that does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your answer must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
A satisfactory answer for this question will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric:
- Thoroughly discussed either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past or current) that influences social responsibility in the American government today.
- Thoroughlydiscussed two (2) media events (past or present) that has positively and negatively influenced public opinion of one government agency.
- Thoroughly discussed two (2) differences between the Republican and Democratic parties that may have an ethical impact on the American people.
- Consistently uses reasons and evidence that logically support ideas.
- Sources are consistently integrated using effective techniques of quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, using in-text citations