Read the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution through the National Archives link.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you discuss the following:
- How the Constitution addressed the complaints in the Declaration of Independence
- How the Constitution addressed the weaknesses in the Articles of Confederation
- What the Great Compromise was and how representation of states in Congress is determined
Include a more detailed discussion of one of the following topics in your paper:
- The method of election for officials in the U.S. House of Representatives, Senate, and executive branch
- The Electoral College and the indirect election of senators
- The treatment of slaves for the purpose of representation and the consequences of those decisions
- Methods of amendment
- The commerce clause and its significance
- The method of ratification of the original Constitution
- The Bill of Rights
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.