The questions must be in APA format with a 150 word minimum response for each question. Please use a scholarly source for references.
•Each response must have an in text citation
•Please be sure to use proper grammar and English.
•Please be specific in the responses
If you are unable to fulfill the above requirements, please do not bid on the work.
- Explain the causes of the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union, and discuss some of the more serious incidents between the two superpowers.
- Describe American life as it developed during the 1950s, including social, economic, and political issues, and evaluate the significance of the Cold War in these changes.
- Explain the rise and effects of McCarthyism in American life.
- Describe the events that made the build up to the civil rights movement possible.
- Describe the white South’s reaction to the initial stages of the civil rights movements. Was it all uniform?
- Explain the differences between Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision of America and that of Malcolm X.
- What were some of the major accomplishments of the civil rights movement? What were some of its failures?
- Discuss Lyndon Johnson’s desire to build a “Great Society” and evaluate the relative success of his programs.
- Describe the breakthroughs forged by African Americans in the 1950s and the retaliatory movement that came to be called “massive resistance.”
- Discuss the growth of the “counterculture” in American society during the 1960s, and describe the various movements that began to gather strength as Americans with an agenda sought to have their voices heard.