What were the long-term political effects of the Protestant Reformation?, history homework help
so i have 10 questions each with multiple parts and you have to pick 4 and write 2-3 pages about each of them double spaced, answer all parts of the question, and no sources necessary but dont plagiarize but i will be checking. below is the paper copy pasted because i dont know if it will show when i attach it…
Select any four questions of your choice and ensure that you answer all parts of the question. Each answer should be at a minimum two- three pages and doubled spaced. You do not have to cite your sources. I encourage you to use the internet to expand your answers with the primary text book.…..Once completed please bring the midterm exam to class …. NO PDF FILES…….the midterm exam is due no later than 11:59, 1/16/2017…….Good Luck . Prof R
- Compare the voyages of non-European people before 1500 to those of the Portuguese and Spanish from 1400 to 1550.
- Why were the Spanish able to establish a territorial empire in the New World?
- Was technological superiority a major factor in the conquest of the Americas?
- What were the long-term political effects of the Protestant Reformation?
- In what ways did the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment challenge the intellectual and political status quo in early modern Europe?
- What were the demographic effects of the Columbian exchange?
- Compare and explain the reasons for differences or similarities between the European colonies of North and South America.
- State and justify your position on the role of the Catholic Church in regard to relations with the Amerindian people in either the Spanish or the French American colonies.
- Describe capitalism and mercantilism and explain their roles in the development of the Atlantic system.
- What factors led to the development of the African slave trade?
- What effects did slavery have on economic life in Africa?
- How was the Ottoman Empire administered under Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566)?
- What were the roles of the Portuguese, Oman, and the Dutch in the development of trade in the Indian Ocean and Southeast Asia?
- What factors led to the decline of the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal Empires?
- What did the Russian and Qing Empires have in common, and how did these common features affect the relationship between the two?
- Both the Qing and the Tokugawa governments were in decline by 1800. What reasons lay behind the decline of each government?
- Discuss and compare the course of the American, the French, and the Haitian revolutions and analyze the reasons for the significance of the difference outcomes of these three revolutions.
- What roles did Enlightenment thought and folk cultures play in the making of the eighteenth century revolutions?
- Was there a relationship between the ways in which the British and French monarchs approached the ideas of the Enlightenment and the outbreak of revolution?
- Why did the Industrial Revolution begin in Britain rather than in continental Europe or the United States?
- What exactly is meant by the Industrial Revolution? What were the economic changes that revolutionized manufacturing in the eighteenth century and led to the factory system?
- How did the technological innovations of the Industrial Revolution change societies in the industrialized countries?
- What role did liberalism and nationalism play in Latin America (Venezuela, Mexico and Brazil between 1800 and 1850s?
- How did the task of abolition vary between the different nations of the Western Hemisphere?
- What factors account for the success of the abolitionist movement?
- What are the differences between British and French involvement in Africa and in India during this period (1750-1870) and how would you explain those differences?
- How did British policy in India change as a result of the Sepoy Rebellion?