Topic Essay should be an argument essay in which you use your own personal experience with the community engagement you did this quarter to present your argument as to the value/ importance/ necessity of community engagement. your person experience should not be only support. you will also need to include research and support from documented sources to help develop your ideas about value/ importance/ necessity of community engagement.
For my own personal experience with the community:
– I went to a Vietnamese Temple
– I help the people in the kitchen cook vegetable food at the temple
– I stay after the event to clean up the trash at the temple
– I talk to the Buddha (monk in the temple) about how the community should stay together and help each other out.
– It was amazing to be apart of my community.
– Quote from the monk ” help each other as you helping your own family member” (must include in the writing)
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURE THAT I INCLUDED
You should also use “voting” for one of the body paragraph
A Few Things to Check on Your Paper
-Make sure to use quote for every body paragraph
•Make sure your introduction clearly lays out what you will be arguing.
•Indent your paragraphs.
•Avoid the use of personal pronouns in your essay.
•Be sure to use transitional sentences to get from one paragraph to the next.
•Check for run-on sentences that need to be broken up into smaller units.
•Break up long blocks of text into smaller paragraphs.
•Remember to cite your sources as you use them throughout your paper.
•Number your pages.
•Make a point of proofreading through your paper when you are done to catch
any errors you may have accidentally overlooked.
•Remove any spaces between your paragraphs
• 3-4 page, Times new Roman, double spaced.