Sex & Gender: A Case Study of Baby Storm
For this assignment, you will be reading about baby Storm. Baby Storm is the child of Kathy Witterick and David Stocker, who decided to keep their child’s gender a secret. Please read the following news articles about the family and then answer the questions below.
- Original news article: https://www.thestar.com/life/parent/2011/05/21/parents_keep_childs_gender_secret.html
- Article providing update on the family: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/30/baby-storm-gender_n_10756806.html
Please answer the following questions:
- What individual factors influence the children’s gender identity?
- What societal factors influence the children’s gender identity?
- How does baby Storm’s case show the connection between individuals and society? Include causes and consequences in your analysis.
- How do you think your life would be different if your parents had not revealed your gender and let you choose (similar to Storm’s parents)?
- Would you consider raising your future child(ren) genderless and letting them choose their gender?
Please make sure you use the two link to answer the question