Successful completion of a doctoral dissertation requires significant amounts of independent reading on the research topic. This allows the doctoral learner/researcher to become familiar with the scope of the topic and to identify gaps or tensions within the existing literature on the topic. These gaps and tensions become the source of the dissertation research. In this assignment, you will read and annotate potential sources in your dissertation field of interest. Those demonstrating the most merit to the best of your understanding of the topic at this time should be added to your RefWorks list for potential inclusion in the literature review section of your dissertation.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the assignment submission for “Literature Review Resources” from PSY-803. You will be adding to this document to begin building a running literature review.
- It is strongly recommended that you engage in this activity throughout the duration of your program.
- Instructors will be scoring your submission based on the number of unique sources identified in the list submitted.
- Download the resource Literature Review Resources Tool (if needed) and use it to complete the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Read at least 10 empirical articles in your general dissertation field that you have not read previously.
In the “Literature Review Resources” document that you submitted in PSY-803, provide the following for each source that you are adding to the document:
- The APA formatted citation.
- A brief annotation of the key points of the source.
- An indication of whether the source has been added to (Y) or excluded from (N) your RefWorks list.
Highlight the additions to the document so your instructor can readily identify them.
Please add 10 additional resources/literature reviews to the attached document. Please use this as your template as to what is required for each article you add. Also please ensure you use APA 6th edition format for assignment. Please do not use any of the same literature review resources that already are reflected in the document, the 10 additional resources need to be new ones. The articles should be based on what my dissertation is which is “Effects of Employee Morale on Employee Motivation in the Workplace.”