- Find a video from one of the classic childhood studies (Piaget, Harlow’s monkeys, Bandura’s Bobo doll, strange situation test, Sally-Anne task, visual cliff experiment, little Albert experiment, Wug test, marshmallow test, et cetera). Include a link to the video.
- Share what conclusions you would make as a researcher after watching the video. What led you to those conclusions? How would you apply this in a real-life scenario?
- Include a hashtag for the study, for example #harlowmonkey, #piaget, #bobodoll.
- Find a video of an infant or toddler that exhibits typical behavior expected of that stage of development. Share a link to the video.
- Share which development theories would explain the behaviors you see. What characteristics led you to the theory you identified? How might this information be valuable in providing guidance to a parent or teacher?
- Include a hashtag for the theory, for example #erickson, #piaget.
- Locate an article on development from prenatal to toddlerhood, either through the Capella library or online from a reputable source.
- Share the link and describe how this article supports what you have learned in class so far. Make a connection between what you read and your personal experience with children at that stage of development. How does this information support your intended work in the field?
- Include a hashtag for your article topic or the idea supported.
And you have not already done so, watch the video, Mary Ainsworth: Attachment and the Growth of Love, which covers the strange situation test. Use the Case Study Analysis Worksheet [DOCX] and your understanding of the case study to analyze assumptions and evidence presented in the video.To fill out the worksheet, work your way through the table of analysis components, and include your responses in the rows next to the components. There are notes in the table to help you identify what is needed in each area. As you complete the worksheet, make sure your responses accomplish the following:
- Explain the main purpose for researching this phenomenon in the case and developing a theory in child development.
- Apply the presented point of view to the research findings.
- Identify the video’s position or point of view. Who, or what group, is represented?
- Describe the physical, social, or cognitive aspects of child development discovered.
- Highlight the primary arguments the author makes in regards to each category.
- Apply theories of child development to the case.
- Summarize and cite at least one other child development theory to apply.
- Compare and contrast your selected theory with the theory within the case to explain your rationale.
- Apply existing research findings to a suggested recreation of research.
- Imagine recreating this research. What would you change in order to obtain stronger results?
As you write your responses, be sure to:
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
https://urgentnursingassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 Mike https://urgentnursingassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOG-300x75.png Mike2021-07-06 05:59:122021-07-06 05:59:12Georgia State University Development from Prenatal to Toddlerhood Discussion