Apply what you have learned about locating, paraphrasing, incorporating, and citing relevant and reliable secondary source information to complete the following Assignment:
Substantially revise your Unit 6 Assignment and submit it as your Unit 8 Assignment, the Academic Essay. Be sure that your substantially revised Academic Essay meets the following expectations:
- Establish and develop a clear main point about your topic that is original and insightful.
- Address either a cause or effect of the change or controversy you are addressing, without taking a position or writing to persuade.
- Organize ideas logically, demonstrate paragraph unity and connection of ideas through the use of transition devices.
- Strengthen and support your ideas through the incorporation of an additional 2-3 relevant and reliable secondary sources from either the KU Library or published on the web.
- Apply 6th Edition APA formatting to give credit to all source information and ideas, whether you quote, paraphrase or summarize these sources.
- Utilize KU Writing Center resources to format the paper, including the title page, body pages, margins, in-text citations, and references page citations.
- Follow the conventions of Standard American English.
This Academic Essay should be 2 – 2 and 1/2 pages long, double spaced, excluding title page and references page. Find out how your instructor will grade your Unit 8 Assignment by reviewing the rubric. I attached the paper you already did. It has notes on it also. I attached a sample as well