Cultural Food Interview 2-3 pages Narrative Essay help
Achieve a greater understanding about the background information with reference to an individual culture.
Practice cultural interviewing techniques with an individual from another culture.
Compare and contrast the cultural habits in research and those that are practiced by individuals within that culture.
- Identify a person from a culture that is different to your own. Use at least 3 different references (1 can be your book) to research the background of this individual’s culture. Summarize key points about this culture from these references (1 page using bullets) to help you prepare for the interview.
- Develop a list of 10-15 questions to ask in your cultural interview. Make sure that they are open-ended questions that allow the individual to discuss the topic at hand. Write this questions in bulleted form to turn in separate from the narrative.
- Interview the person. Be sure to be very sensitive to how the person may react to certain interviewing techniques. For example, it might be useful to take notes or tape record during the interview, but be sure that this will be ok to the individual you are interviewing.
- After the interview, present a summary of your findings. Your narrative should be written in prose (not a question and answer piece). Look to other interviews in magazines or on the web for an example of how this is done. You need to begin by talking about the experience of going to the interview and discuss where you were and who the person is being interviewed. Then discuss the material from the interview.
Your responses need to be typed in 12pt Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and 2-3 full pages long.
- Each review should be 2-3 pages in length. Less or more than this will result in a lower grade. Be concise when putting your thoughts on paper.
- Your interview should be in narrative format.
- The interview must include a bibliography with at least 3 references.
- The interview is worth 50 points.
To be turned in:
- Bulleted list of background information (1 page)
- List of questions asked
- 2-3 page narrative