Cross-cultural and Diversity Training, psychology assignment help
To complete this assignment, please review the course text and the article “Identifying and Training Adaptive Cross-Cultural Management Skills: The Crucial Role of Cultural Metacognition”. In addition, watch the videos “Workplace Relationships: Playing Your Part and Diversity in the Workplace: Playing Your Part”. Next, research for answers to the following questions in your required sources and on the Internet. Be sure to validate that the sources you use are credible. Also, keep a list of the sources you use to include at the bottom of your posting, so others can access them as well.
Click here to view the Evaluating Sources for Credibility video. [Transcript available located under More option].
Analyze and discuss the following questions about cross-cultural and diversity training and share your findings with your classmates.
- How many hours of diversity training does a manager need in a typical organizational setting?
- How many hours does a front-line employee (such as a cashier or customer service representative) need? Do these needs vary across industries? If so, why do you think this is the case?
- What is the typical content of a diversity training program?
- To what extent are the length and content of diversity training regulated by law in various industries?
- How many hours of cross-cultural training does someone need before a business trip out of the country or an international assignment?
- What is the typical content of a cross-cultural training program?
- To what extent can cross-cultural training programs increase the effectiveness of those working outside of the United States and/or the probability of success of international tasks/duties? What are some critical success factors for these programs?
- Do you have any personal experiences with diversity training? If so, please share about your experience(s).
- How important do you think this type of training is in your current career or in the career you hope to attain?
Your initial post should be between 350 and 400 words. You must use at least one outside source (peer-reviewed article, newspaper article, or other reputable source) in addition to your text. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the In-Text Citation Helper: A Guide to Making APA In-Text Citations. List each of your sources at the end of your post according to APA style as shown in the sample page for References.