Use this template to answer the questions below about the empathic confrontation. Do not let your responses to each of these questions be guided or limited by the space between each item below. The space for your answer will automatically expand to accept more narrative. I am looking for no fewer than 1,700 words (including the 227 words already on the page) for this paper assignment. One word or even one or two sentence answers will not be adequate to answer these questions. Be thorough in your responses. ONLY USE PROVIDED TEXTBOOK TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.
Ivey, A.E., Ivey, M.B. & Zalaquett, C.P. (2017) Intentional interviewing and counseling: Facilitating client development in a multicultural society. 9th ed., CENGAGE Learning, Boston.
- Describe by comparing and contrasting (how are they alike and how are they different) the concepts of the Internal Conflict and External Conflict. Give two examples of each.
- Fritz Perls and others talked about clients being “stuck.” Describe this concept of being stuck. How have others described this process?
- Describe the integrated three step process in relation to the skills required in the use of the empathic confrontation.
- How is Carl Roger’s nonjudgmental notion helpful in the process of using the empathic confrontation?
- Give three original (not from the text) examples of an empathic confrontation.
- Describe the Client Change Scale (CSS) and how it can be useful in evaluating where the client is in the change process.