During this Module you will begin to prepare your final project paper, which is due by the end of Module 8. After choosing one of the topics below, you will write a research paper presenting both sides of the issue supported by referenced and cited data from scholarly sources and other relevant information. Based upon your research, critically analyze both sides of the issue, and logically argue which side is more valid or persuasive. An abstract is not necessary in this paper. The body of your paper should contain relevant facts, scholarly studies, and other information, which is less than 10 years old. Conclude the paper with a brief summary of your major findings in defense of your logical analysis of the issue chosen for this paper.
- Herbert Packer’s crime-control model of criminal justice is more needed today than the due process model.
- Plea bargaining provides a fair and necessary form of “justice” in today’s criminal justice system.
- The re-entry programs of today are very successful in preparing former inmates to lead productive and crime-free lives.
- In fulfillment of the police mission, law enforcement officers today fairly and effectively balance the constitutional rights of each individual against the necessity for public order and safety.
- The future of juvenile justice is best served with only an adult court system, providing full due process rights and no preferential treatment to both juveniles and adults alike.
Final Project Paper Instructions:
The paper should be at least 5 but no more than 7, pages in length, doubled spaced, written in 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins all the way around. A minimum of SEVEN (7) resources should be used, cited and referenced according to APA writing style guidelines.
Wikipedia and encyclopedic sources are prohibited.
Include a separate title page and reference page. (Title and reference pages are not counted as part of the 5-6 page minimum).