Application to an Audio Recorded Client Case, social science homework help
In this paper, you will apply what you have learned about solution-focused therapy to analyze a therapy session in which Insoo Kim Berg is working with a client diagnosed with terminal AIDS. After reading the learning materials listed for this week and watching “Dying Well,” address each of the following (use the bolded words as headers to organize your paper):
- Pattern of Questioning. Identify the pattern of questioning Berg uses in “Dying Well.”
- Repetition: Comment upon how repetitious the therapist is with the client.
- Client’s Wants/Needs: Did the client get what she wanted/needed?
- Outcome: How did the above happen? To what do you attribute this outcome?
- Other concepts: What other concepts used in the recording did you hear (e.g., hypothetical solutions, exceptions, positive feedback, the defined problem person, between session change, pattern of questioning, client’s wants/needs, outcome focus)? Anything from the Ericksonian approach that you noticed?
- Based on the work done in Week 4 related to the recovery model, comment on how you could have incorporated aspects of the recovery model to contribute to the successful treatment of this case?
- Lessons Learned: What lessons did you learn from listening to the session?
- For the last two pages of your paper outline a treatment plan that reflects what Insoo Kim Berg did and likely would do with this client. Use the information in the Gehart (2014) text regarding case conceptualization in Chapter 9.
This assignment is used to measure your progress towards the Student Learning Outcome # 3 “Contrast family systems theory oriented models of therapy“.
Length: 7-9 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Counselling Therapies, Session 5: Solutions Focused Therapy [Video file].
I’m Not Leaving You, Just Going Out For a While [Video file].
Milton H. Erickson Foundation
Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Explorer in hypnosis and therapy (Crown House Publishing, 2005).
Solution-Oriented Possibility Therapy
Berg, I. K. (2012, October 4). Dying well. Milwaukee, WI [Video File].
PowerPoint – Chapter 9 Solution Based MCFT
Chapter 9 Solution Based MCFT.pptx